It’s August vacation time everyone and it’s the time of the year to make your dream summer vacation a reality! But before you do anything, make sure you have all you need before your departure. As we all know, the most important thing in your summer luggage is swimwear.
If you can’t find what you are looking for – welcome to the annual trauma of bikini shopping!
In this article, I will help you find your perfect beach look and the swimwear that suits your shape and taste.
First of all, let’s start finding your body shape.
- If your shoulders are wide, choose inverted triangle shape.
- If your hips are wide, choose triangle shape.
- If you have same size of hips and shoulders and have a well-defined waist, choose hourglass shape.
- If you don’t have the well-defined waist, choose an apple shape by having a full bust and rounded stomach.
- If you have neither well-defined waist nor full bust and rounded stomach, choose athletic shape.
- Athletic figures: You are a lucky girl! You can try almost all the bikini models that you want.
- Boyish figures: You might want to add some curves to your look. Try the triangle bikinis as they look great on slim women with halter necks. There is even a brand called “Triangle” that you might want to try and save some time.
- Hourglass figures : You are a lucky girl too! If your shoulders and hips are well-proportioned, you will be able to wear a number of different cuts but it would be best to avoid one piece swimwear and bandeau shaped bikini tops as with this shape of body, you have nothing to hide.
If you never tried vintage styles, you should give them a chance to show off your curves. Another bikini model you may like which is my favourite and it’s called Kiini Swimwear. Although Kiini fits every kind of body shapes, you are going to rock this bikini with your athletic or hourglass figures.
- Apple shape figure: One Pieces are created for you! Don’t hesitate to wear them, and if you want to have a sexier look, balcony shapes are good for you and they give you more vintage glam to your beach look. Say hi to Marilyn!
- Triangle figure: Try to choose something that will draw the eyes upwards. Contrasting colors can work well with, for example, a light colored top and a darker color for the bottom. If you are brave enough, you can try plunging neckline to get more attention to your top.
- Inverted triangle figure: You need to create the illusion of balance. Halter neck tops are perfect for you as this way, your lower half will balance your shape. Try Marysia.
Lastly, after all these shoulds, musts and mights, I want to make an ironic close up with a quote from a famous book called How to be Parisian. it says: “Being naked- you’re different when you are undressed: if you don’t like your ass, walk sideways, your back to the wall. If your legs are too short or your tights too wide, go on your tiptoes”. In the end, you’re not a slave to the cult of the perfect body, so learn to make the best of what nature gave you!